Skip to main content

Mixed basket...

Its the holiday season out here-roads are cleared from the normal heavy traffic,all the travel agents are busy,shopping spree is high be it clothes,chocolates or even jewellery,summer camps are on for kids who are still going to stay back,summer suprises fest for them is a blessing-we never had anything like that in our days.Anyways,its a pleasure driving on fairly free roads during the day but late evenings are still quite a pain!

For the past 3 days,I have been working as a travel co-ordinator.It was frustrating in the beginning because this is not part of the assignment and now I realise,I have actually enjoyed the new challenge.Mybe am just glad that my boss will be away for sometime, LOL!I am named the co-ordinator at the world-famous local airline here for both my bosses.Everytime they ask my DOB for confirmation,they help me a lot!such lovely bunch of staff they have been so far!I have learnt a few tips about it too.Then these thoughts rushed into my mind and I smiled at the thought how once even I wanted to work as a Travel Agent and the thought of putting people on planes sounded like so much fun those days.Today,when I have to put one guy on a plane ,its so difficult to get it done since planes are as good as buses on the roads now.There was also a desire to do Hotel management but the influensive wind blew that out.I wanted to become a Journalist or an RJ at some point in time.I always wonder if I was today in one of those careers what would I have been doing this minute.But here I am ,almost full time Finance person,sounds very boring to many,I know but Finance for me is the most interesting.No other profession seems to suit me currently.I am really not very interested in any other subjects too.I can read on some medical ,marketing or HR info but it just doesn't seem as interesting after a point.What were your interests initially?Ever wondered what it would be like if you had taken them up?

By the way,I happened to visit arsenal.com and i can see this airline has invested in a stadium for the Gunners.it was interesting the marketing techniques and this would definitely go as B/S n not to the P&L as normally every company would.Wow!some investment that seems to be.Interesting company is ETISALAT.They have now 26 pc stake in PTLC!they also plan to invest in KSA and Oman.,mmmmmmmmmmmm,wanna become a watani and buy those shares,the dividend was pretty decent too!

Since these days,marketing is what i have been into,much more in depth that i ever thought,some interesting facts for you,
1-UAE is the global leader in sales of Water,Perfumes and Shampoo!
2-Samsung actually ventured into car,2 cars sold,1 for the owner the other his wife!;-)
3-Coca Cola holds record in the worst marketing strategy ever,ofcourse resulting in losses in millions.
4-Emirates Airlines have implemented the latest in TV technology in planes which means you can browse upto 500 channels during your flight.
5-Blue today represents Pepsi,no more IBM and Red represents Vodafone,Red is no more Coca Cola!
That's the ones I liked the most,more later!!!

Gosh...wasn't this a long one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

has it ever happened to you??

Suddenly I feel there's time in my hands....the following thoughts cross my mind... - that model on the cover looks awesome, how is that so? - if they actually airbrush pictures , then how come there is a good looking category? - i want to see a brand new juice in the market,tired of the same old ones... - i feel like shopping often.its more a thought than action. - i like clothes that some other women wears...i want stuff like those! - how come there is traffic only when i want to drive? - water is good for me, very good....keep drinking..has anyone tried flavored water? - is flavored water as good for health? - how come some advertisements are soooo good? is it just one person or a team? - when everyone is busy how come i have time? - how is it that my phone rings only when i want to sleep or when i am occupied? - why do i get tanned so quickly? - how come technology is always surprising to me? - why didn't i get into sports or music when i was younger? - why is it that some

Annual review

So besides the calendar year, is the birth anniversary....hence as I add on to my age tomorrow, here's an attempt to recollect how the past year has gone. -Loads of shopping -Fun with Bangalore and Dubai friends -The WEDDING itself : laughs and tears -Landed in USA -Boredom overwhelms on weekdays -San Francisco visit -17 mile drive -Joined aerobics -Lake Tahoe visit : first ever parasailing,jet skiing -Trip to Las Vegas -Visited Santa Barbara and Solvang -Finally completed my case study -Joined ICC as a volunteer -A California Driver License earned -Trip to Los Angeles and San Diego -New year party at a club ,first ever -Yet another assignment completed -Joined dance classes -Hubby's business trip -A small time course taken up -A new dance class And in the meanwhile -Home sickness -Earned some good friends -Painful paper problems -Potluck dinners -Mixed thoughts about this place -Learnt some decent cooking -Few physical issues -Grasping the local laws -Relocation : its thrill a

High expectations, really??

i want to know what is the limit to expect or do we expect nothing at all?! Suddenly, I am wondering if I am so selfish to have asked for the basic things. Today was horribly dull for me, a day i wish hadn't even dawned! Nothing sounded right...There was absolutely no mood to even eat.. Sometimes i wish there was a routine, something to do every single day. Though i have kept myself busy with 2-3 things for a week, sometimes not having anything to do in the morning and waking up just to wonder "what now?" is something i am unable to handle.. i have been told time and again to enjoy this time period but what about it to enjoy? Today I couldn't even bring myself to watch some TV. Just too mad about situation n absolutely despise the helplessness of it. Arrrrghhhhhh! How out of sync can i get!