Skip to main content

Alexander graham bell is still my hero!

We are at a point where smart phones are the norm in the urban world. infact, if you didn't have one, you probably balanced it off with a smart tablet.

I use a smart phone as well. But after my big excitement of having a tool that would "connect" me all the time through emails, chat, texts, Social network, games and more, I am not as thrilled. So I did ponder and I realize it's mainly cos I don't use my phone for its basic use as much, I mean calls. I have also noticed that I receive much lesser calls. Lack of the real human touch is missing.

So I made more personal calls in the recent past and it felt good. I felt more close to the individual than writing an email or leaving a note on a social media site. The reason is because the conversations would actually develop and makes it more complete. Unlike a "how are things" on an email or text. Many friends agreed we should talk more, no matter how "busy" we agree life has turned out to be!

This may all sound so old fashioned and historic, but the joy from a phone call, to me, is just awesome! So I would rather have a quick phone call, than any other method of communication.

Even for business purpose, I would rather build a relation over a call rather than send emails. If I could meet, even better! I think instead of us running away into "busyness", we should continue to make an effort to connect more personally. Well, that's my 2 cents.

Nothing compares to a voice conversation....have you noticed that?

Comments

Urmila Santosh said…
Hi Rekhu !! I have an award waiting for you on my blog !

http://raagfusion.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-first-bloggie-award-thanks-richa.html
sharikahline said…
Thanks Urmi!

Popular posts from this blog

has it ever happened to you??

Suddenly I feel there's time in my hands....the following thoughts cross my mind... - that model on the cover looks awesome, how is that so? - if they actually airbrush pictures , then how come there is a good looking category? - i want to see a brand new juice in the market,tired of the same old ones... - i feel like shopping often.its more a thought than action. - i like clothes that some other women wears...i want stuff like those! - how come there is traffic only when i want to drive? - water is good for me, very good....keep drinking..has anyone tried flavored water? - is flavored water as good for health? - how come some advertisements are soooo good? is it just one person or a team? - when everyone is busy how come i have time? - how is it that my phone rings only when i want to sleep or when i am occupied? - why do i get tanned so quickly? - how come technology is always surprising to me? - why didn't i get into sports or music when i was younger? - why is it that some ...

The 1969 reunion!

My dad is currently enjoying "retirement", he recently tells me that he is soon having a 1969 college reunion! While just hearing that got me excited, the stories of how he found his college mates after 42 years was even more interesting. To begin with, he bumped into one of them and that kick started the whole process. They chatted about what they have been upto so far in life and if they were in touch with others. From there on, one thing led to another, he tells me. He met up with a few who never left town and stayed on for all these years. Today, they have managed to arrange a gathering of 25 classmates, all this without the involvement of Internet at all! Dad tells me that a couple of never touched a computer! That just concludes that the Internet is overrated and its sad that even if we are equipped with more tools, no one has time for another. So meeting up is pretty much a big deal in today's world. So proud of the 1969 batch!

Wedding preparations...

So we made a trip to India for a fortnight, I had to write a review- it was one of a kind.(though the characteristic of hectic is an unavoidable feature!) For the first time- 5 of us took the same flight, thats jija, sis and 3 of us, so for a start it was exciting, and the new look of the Sharjah airport was extremely pleasing, very very refreshing! :-) AirArabia was as ever on time,love this airline, had all good experiences so far! so we landed in Mumbai and crashed after a shower at my periamma's place.my cousin's little one was so cute, full of masti...the next morning was spent in selection of a suitable wedding card.Somehow it was easy to choose, since just 1 stood out in my opinion and luckily the higher authorities approved, even though they thought it looks a little small.after 2-3 corrections, the outcome was great! relieved at that work! then we went get a lehenga for reception wear,now I love to shop in India - cos of immense competition, they make you feel like the...